Qualcomm Snapdragon 850. It’s Faster. It’s Bolder. It’s Better. And it’s Smarter.
As we all know, Qualcomm is a microchip industry leader, especially for mobile devices. But the game may see a change. With the Qualcomm Snapdragon 850, we are going to see a Qualcomm processor particularly made for Laptop devices. Windows 10 PC platform is targeted to be implemented by Qualcomm Snapdragons newly announced 850 SoC processor. Gossips also suggest that we may not see this processor attached to any mobile device.
Looking Deep inside
Let’s take a glimpse at what we’ll have with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 SoC processor,
- Long battery life for Windows 10 PC
- Constant cellular connectivity
- 30% more performance over the Snapdragon 835
- Kryo 385 CPU clocked up to 2.95 GHz over Kryo 280 CPU clocked up to 2.6 GHz of the Snapdragon 835
- Adreno 630 GPU offering 30% increased graphics performance over Adreno 540 GPU
- 20% faster Gigabit LTE speed at 1.2 Gbps
- 20% boost battery life. Offering up to 20 hours of battery life
- AI friendly processor. Supports Microsoft’s Machine learning SDK. It’ll help the developers to build more AI features supported by the SoC.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 processor is actually the other name of Snapdragon 845. Everything just seems like same to same. But the 845 SoC is specially made for mobile device and the 850 SoC is made for PC. I mean this new chip is suitable for PC, not mobile phones. The Snapdragon 845 used in the Samsung S9 is marginally slower than the Snapdragon 850. Because the new chip will have to power up the entire PC system.
According to Qualcomm, Windows PCs powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 will be seen later this year. We know that Samsung will certainly make PC using this processor. From other rumour, we have heard that Microsoft and DELL are also planning to make foldable Laptop/Mobile hybrid using this Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 SoC processor.
Also, check out: Free Photo Editing Software